Tcl Windows API extension version history
Summarizes the list of changes for each version of TWAPI.
- Built desktop and server specific TWAPI packages containing a subset of the TWAPI
commands with a smaller footprint. Reduced footprint of full TWAPI
package as well.
- Added recycle_file.
- Added error notifications to begin_filesystem_monitor.
- Added options -foundcodepage, -foundlangid and -datetime to get_file_version_resource.
- Added Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection,
- Added new formats to get_current_user.
- Added SHChangeNotify, CryptAcquireContext, CryptReleaseContext,
and CryptGenRandom. No Tcl wrappers for these.
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE Windows NT 4.0 is
no longer a supported platform.
- Added support for distribution as a single file Tcl module for
- Added support for Tcl-based Windows
- Added Microsoft Windows Installer
- Added SSPI support
- Added Power Management module.
- Added start_device_change_monitor and stop_device_change_monitor.
- Added start_clipboard_monitor
- Added -patterns option to begin_filesystem_monitor.
- Added get_priority_class, set_priority_class, get_thread_relative_priority and set_thread_relative_priority.
- Added commands get_outgoing_interface, get_route and
- Added commands get_display_devices, get_display_monitors, get_display_monitor_from_window, get_display_monitor_from_point, get_display_monitor_from_rect, get_display_monitor_info.
- Added commands find_physical_disks
- Added create_file.
- Added device_ioctl.
- Added -extents option to get_volume_info.
- Added -isnull subcommand to COM objects.
- Added get_input_idle_time.
- Added large_system_time_to_timelist and timelist_to_large_system_time.
- Added -modulename, -modulepath, -bindtime options to
get_tcp_connections and get_udp_connections. Modified -matchremoteaddr and -matchlocaladdr
options to allow DNS names and accept multiple addresses.
- Added -messageonlywindow option to find_windows.
- Added options -noexist and -noaccess to get_thread_info. INCOMPATIBLE
CHANGE The command no longer raises an exception if a thread
does not exist or cannot be accessed.
- Additional performance optimizations.
Note: only bug fixes that are incompatible with previous
releases are mentioned here.
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE Changed to require
at least Service Pack 4 on Windows NT 4.0. The extension will no
longer load on otherwise. This was required to support the LSA
- Added commands find_logon_sessions and get_logon_session_info for dealing with logon
- Added commands to retrieve information related to Windows shell
- Added commands get_global_group_info and get_local_group_info.
- Added commands get_tcp_connections and get_udp_connections and terminate_tcp_connections.
- Added LSA related commands add_account_rights, remove_account_rights, find_accounts_with_right, get_accounts_with_rights,
- Modified commands delete_user, delete_global_group and delete_local_group to remove account rights before
deleting the account.
- Added enumerate_printers.
- Added shell_object_properties_dialog, volume_properties_dialog, file_properties_dialog, printer_properties_dialog.
- Added get_system_uptime.
- Added large_system_time_to_secs.
- Added configure_window_titlebar.
- Added get_client_share_info. get_mapped_share_info is now deprecated.
- Added suspend_system.
- Added get_privilege_description,
- Added option -description to get_service_configuration.
- Added options -noaccess and -noexist to commands get_process_info, get_process_parent and get_process_commandline. INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE These commands no longer raise a
Tcl error if the process does not exist or if access is denied to
- Added command map_code_page_to_name
- Added option -sid to get_user_account_info.
- Added commands is_system_pid and is_idle_pid.
- Added commands extract_primary_langid and extract_sublanguage_langid.
- Significant improvement in retrieval of performance related
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE The format of
return value of the get_token_privileges command has changed when the
-all option is specified. The value returned by
the -privileges option of the get_process_info has changed accordingly.
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE get_drive_type
now returns invalid as the drive type
for non-existent drives instead of generating an error.
- Added support to be sourced as a single file Starkit
- Added the Network configuration
- Added the Clipboard module
- Added get_memory_info to retrieve system
physical and virtual memory information
- Added get_open_handle_pids to retrieve a
list of processes that have an open handle to a resource.
- Added option -handles to get_process_info to retrieve a list of open handles in a
- Added get_open_handles to retrieve
information about open handles in the system.
- Added -device option to get_drive_info command
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE Changed set_drive_volumename to set_drive_label and changed option -volumename of get_drive_info to
-label. This is to avoid future confusion with
logical volumes as defined by Windows.
- Added options -processormodel, -processorname and -processorspeed to
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE Changed the
arguments to commands get_process_handle and
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE Changed get_os_info to not return memory related information.
get_memory_info provides a superset of the same
- Documentation is now in Windows compiled help format with index
- Added the Event log module
- Added the Console module
- Added register_hotkey and unregister_hotkey
- Added create_process, get_process_handle and get_thread_handle
- Added suspend_thread and resume_thread
- Added shutdown_system and abort_system_shutdown
- Added format_message and map_windows_error
- Added logoff_user and lock_workstation
- Added get_current_user
- Added expand_environment_strings
- Added load_library and free_library
- Added get_processor_count and get_active_processor_mask
- Enhanced get_os_info to return additional OS
- Enhanced get_processor_info to return
additional processor information
- Added commands read_inifile_key, write_inifile_key, delete_inifile_key
and delete_inifile_section for manipulating INI
- Added process_waiting_for_input
- Added block_input
- Added close_handles
- Added get_tcl_channel_handle
- Bug fixes to delete_share, close_window
- Added the Security module
containing commands for user/group management, resource protection,
access control, authorization and impersonation
- Added the Network shares module
containing commands for configuration of network shares
- Added play_sound for basic audio
- Added send_keys command (clone of Visual
Basic SendKeys using same syntax) for generating keystrokes
- Added find_windows
- Added get_logical_drives
- Added get_drive_type
- Added set_drive_volumename
- Added get_mouse_location
- Added get_computer_netbios_name
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE Changed parameters
and return format for get_process_modules.
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE Changed the
-machine and -display_name
options in the services module to -system and
-displayname for consistency with other
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE Several commands
that used to return multiple values in fieldname
value format have been changed so that the fieldname matches the option specified to retrieve the
field (to include the - prefix). These
commands include get_device_drivers, get_process_info, get_disk_info,
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE
get_service_configuration options and return format has
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE The return values
from the commands start_service, stop_service, pause_service, resume_service and interrogate_service
have changed. Moreover, start_service and
stop_service will no longer throw an exception
if the service is already running or stopped respectively.
- Allow window styles to be expressed as symbols in addition to
- The commands start_service, stop_service, pause_service, resume_service now take an additional -wait option.
Copyright © 2003-2008 Ashok P. Nadkarni